Care & support worker for Supported Living
Download and complete the application form.
- To undertake all duties in a manner consistent with the principle of partnership with service users, families and other people closely involved, particularly having regard for decision making, planning, review and appraisal.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of service users.
- To provide care for each service user at the project, exercising the concern that each service user is an individual.
- To empower and encourage service users to live as independent wherever possible- providing a safe environment, promoting the welfare of service users.
- To advise and support service users within the context of the Care and Support Workerʼs professional role.
- To develop a database of resources to assist in increasing service users potential of independent living, including local community activities, educational classes, employment agencies or other external agencies.
Responsible to: Senior Care and Support Officer/Registered Manager
Responsible for: Working closely with all managers of the organisaton to achieve the highest possible quality of care for service users.
Care and Support
- To insure the provision of a safe, secure and homely environment for all service users.
- To prepare and implement Care & Support Plans for each service user.
- To prepare and implement risk assessments for each service sser and to attend meetings and reviews intended to assess and re-define those risk assessments as the service user develops and their needs change.
- To receive service users on admission, closely monitor their abilities and when they leave, either temporarily or permanent, to make appropriate arrangements for their departure.
- To follow agreed procedure with regard to training and developing service users community access and awareness.
- To follow an agreed procedure with regard to service users who have absconded or who are missing from the home.
- To undertake programmes and tasks for in the education, development and emotional care and support of service users.
- To train and assess service users with regards to their personal care.
- To assess service users in their development, educational and leisure pursuits, as well as day time activities that are provided within the home.
- To assess the ability of service users to prepare and organise their own meals and provide training and support for meal planning and preparation as required.
- To help service users to develop life and social skills, e.g. communication, socialisation and budgeting skills.
- To train service users to purchase personal clothing, as well as mend and launder their own clothes.
- To observe the Health and Safety policy of the home and carry out duties with regards to the homes fire regulations.
- To attend meetings of the staff team for the purposes of communication, training, support, and ensuring consistent practice is implemented.
- To work with supervisors and managers to maximise strengths and minimise weaknesses at both individual and team level.
- To make accurate records concerning each service user in sufficient detail for its significance and use, and complete other general records and documentation in relation to the work of the home.
- To ensure that all records on service users are stored using accepted and agreed formats, systems and procedures, having regard for the complete confidentiality of these records.
- To make sure all records made can be retrieved promptly when required.
- To receive and make use of regular supervisions.
- To undertake sleep-in duties as necessary.
- To carry out all the above duties and responsibilities in a manner which demonstrates a commitment to anti-racism and equality of opportunity.
- To undertake all other reasonable duties within the context of the provision of service to people with learning disabilities at the request of the Project Manager.
- To be prepared to work in any of the organisationʼs other projects.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the senior management of the organisation.
Client Groups Supported
Care Expertise supports people with:
- Learning Disabilities
- Autism & other Developmental Disorders
- Mental Health needs
- Communication needs
- Sensory needs